SOMAVIT SGC | Superior Immunity by Clinically Proven Giloy / Guduchi Based Prebiotic for Healthy Gut | 60 Capsules
Why SOMAVIT® SGC?
Boosting immunity has come to the forefront of all with the ongoing global pandemic. But did you know that the immune system is actually a part of a healthy gut? About 70% of the immune system is housed within the gut wall, as per the experts.
The healthy microbiota produces molecular signals that support the development of immune cells and contribute to the fine-tuning of immune responses. A healthy crosstalk between the gut microbiota and the immune system supports protective responses against pathogens, promotes tolerance to harmless microbes and helps maintain self-tolerance (the ability of our immune system to not react harmfully to our own body).
- Proven (In-Vitro Study) to boost host immunity through modulation of overall composition of gut microbiota
- Restores healthy gut ecosystem by nourishing beneficial Bifidobacteria & lactobacilli
- Boost humoral and cellular immunity
- Increases antioxidant defences and optimize functioning of vital organ
- Rejuvenates, energizes and vitalizes body to increase strength and stamina
- Increases body's resilience and promote faster recovery from illness
What is SOMAVIT® SGC?
SOMAVIT® SGC constitutes a perfect combination of clinically proven herbs with natural prebiotic and immunomodulating action. With key ingredient ‘Arabinogalactan’, derived from the stem of Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), it nourishes and repopulate good gut bacteria particularly lactobacillus and bifidobacteria, these bacteria ferment short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), that enhance the gut barrier integrity, promote immune-balancing T regulatory (Treg) cell formation, and modulate the production of proinflammatory mediators, which helps to boost immunity and build up resistance against disease and allergic manifestations.
SOMAVIT® SGC in synergic combination of herbs like Emblica officinalis (Amlalaki), Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) and Tribulus terrestris (Gokshur) it promotes longevity, delay ageing, nourishes and energizes body to improve overall quality of life.
Who should consider SOMAVIT® SGC?
SOMAVIT® SGC is a perfect ayurvedic and natural medicine for people with
- Healthy individual- prophylactic treatment to various viral and bacterial infections including COVID-19.
- Immunocompromised individual
- Unwell or diseased patient
- Individual with comorbid conditions like diabetes, hypertension, COPD and chronic kidney disease.
- Adjuvant to antiviral and antibiotics
- Gastrointestinal disorder
- Autoimmune disease
How do ingredients in SOMAVIT® SGC work?
Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia): Prebiotic & Immunomodulator
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Immune booster & Adaptogenic
Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris): Anti-oxidant
Amla (Emblica officinalis): Immune booster & Anti-oxidant
Pippali (Piper longum): Bioavailability enhancer
How do I take SOMAVIT® SGC Dosage?
1 capsule to be taken twice daily after meals for 12-16 weeks or as directed by your physician.
Clinical Data of SOMAVIT® SGC
Prebiotic Potential of Starch of Tinospora Cordifolia, A component of SOMAVIT®: An in Vitro Study on Growth Modulation of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus Strains
SOMAVIT® SGC is validated for its efficacy and safety.
Prebiotic Potential of Starch of Tinospora Cordifolia, a Component of Somavit: an In -Vitro Study on Growth Modulation of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus Strains
The important findings of in-vitro study by Shruti L Samant - Technical Manager, Department of Microbiology, Bhavan's College, Andheri Bhavan's Research Centre, India are as follows:
Materials and Methods
Bacterial cultures were incubated under anaerobic conditions with starch of Tinospora cordifolia (test) and with distilled water as the control. At various contact time points (0, 1, 48 and 96 hours), small aliquots were sampled. The organisms were plated on specific growth media under anaerobic conditions for Bifidobacterium and microaerophilic for Lactobacillus, and total viable count was determined by standard plate count.
- 90 percent relative increase in growth of Bifidobacterium bifidumin
- 70 percent relative increase in growth of Lactobacillus plantarum
- SOMAVIT® demonstrated a considerable growth stimulatory activity by increasing the population of beneficial gut microorganisms, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Lactobacillus plantarum in vitro and thus, confirmed a high prebiotic potential for this polyherbal formulation.
GRAPHICAL REPRESENTATION OF THE RESULTS OF THE CLINICAL TRIAL IS AS FOLLOWS
Figure 1: Growth of bacterial strains (A) Lactobacillus plantarum (B) Bifidobacterium bifidum, expressed as average bacterial count in terms of Mean log10 CFU/mL with increase in contact time with Test (5%w/v Tinospora cordifolia) and Control (5%w/v distilled water)
Figure 2: Relative percent increase in bacterial growth when in contact with the starch of Tinospora cordifolia as compared to control
The result may vary from person to person depending on the individual body condition, severity of the ailment and pattern of application/intake, etc.
Expected Efficacy of SOMAVIT® SGC as per your Dosha
Don’t’ know your Dosha? Click here to find out.
Do’s & Don’ts to boost Immunity